At A Glance
- Proud Nonvacation.
- eight years film & broadcast experience.
- Industry recognised certificates in media production.
- Active ABN, First Aid Certificate
- Two years on FM radio hosting and producing Feel Good Weekends, on Newy 87.8FM.
- published documentary ‘My Dancing Eyes,’ educating the world on Nystagmus.
- My Dancing Eyes documentary praised by UK Nystagmus Network.
- Appeared on Superwog as ‘Tesla Dog,’ hipster.
- NSW Ambulance
- Cancer Council
- Headspace / Hunter Primary Care
- Hunter TV PTY LTD
- Newy 87.8FM
As Seen On:
- Advanced Diploma of Screen & Media (TAFE NSW)
- CERT IV, Screen & Media (TAFE NSW)
- Journalist for Newy 87.8FM (Web/Air) – Including Photography.
- Radio Presenter, Newy 87.8FM
- Voice Over for ‘Drive’ on Newy 87.8FM
- Social Media & Website Management, Newy 87.8FM
- Feel Good Weekends, Newy 87.8FM – 102 Shows
- Newy 87.9FM, Competition Coordinator
- Presenter, Newy 87.8FM with ‘Feel Good Weekends’
- My documentary ‘My Dancing Eyes’ presented at the Nystagmus Networks 2020 Open Day. (Virtual)
- Camera Operator, Hunter TV, Driverless Shuttle Video (9.5K Views)
- Vision Mixer, Stars Of Newcastle 2019
- Actor/Extra, Superwog, Car Dealership (Watch) (8,478,499+ views)
- Hunter TV, Camera Operator, Newcastle Light Rail Opening Video (10K views)
- Wedding Video Production, Camera, Sound & Edit (Newcastle)
- Australia Day Shoot, Venu + Daddy Cool, Camera Operator (Central Coast)
- Vision Mixer, Hunter Manufacturing Awards (NEX, Newcastle)
- Camera Operator, Hunter TV, ‘The Station’ opening. (Newcastle)
- Vision Mixer, Stars Of Newcastle 2018 (NEX, Newcastle)
- Camera Operator, Stars Of Newcastle 2018 Launch Event (SJs Hotel Hamilton)
- Beautiful Motion Pictures : Camera Operator, TINA Festival (Newcastle)
- HunterTV – Stars Of Newcastle 2017 : Vision Mixer (Nex, Newcastle)
- SharpimageTV : Video Editor, for client Bauer Media Group (Sydney)
- SharpimageTV : Camera OPERATOR, PA & Editor. American Express Corporate Video (Sydney)
- Beautiful Motion Pictures : Camera Operator (Newcastle)
- WTFNewcastle Campaign, camera operator, editor. (Newcastle)
- Klosters Newcastle Christmas event 2016, BLive Streaming : Camera Operator (
- Third Tree Creatives : Editor (Multiple Projects) Paid
- Builders Coach, Third Tree Creatives : Camera Operator, Data Wrangler
- Chris Riddell “The Futurist”, Sharp Image TV : Production Assistant
- Newi Awards 2016 | Hunter TV : Camera Operator (Hunter Street TAFE)
- Lebanon TV Interview, Third Tree Creatives : Camera Operator, Production Assistant (Sydney)
- Beauty Expo Australia, Third Tree Creatives : Camera Operator (Sydney)
- Bottles (Pilot), a TrueBeam Production : Boom Operator / DIT
- Warriors, a TrueBEAM Production : D.I.T / Data Wrangler / Boom Operator
- Hunter TV
s , Cancer Council, Stars Of Newcastle Production : Camera Operator (Wests New Lambton) Headspace Newcastle, Future Powers Corporate Video: Camera Operator, Editor (Newcastle)
- Temara Heta Media, Facon Magazine Launch shoot, Camera Operator (Newcastle)
- My Dancing Eyes, Documentary : Presenter, Television/Film
- Cancer Council’s Stars Of Newcastle, Hunter TV Production. : Camera Operator
- Auspol Media, Camera Operator for The Newcastle Show @ Newcastle Entertainment Centre
- Hunter TV, Newi Awards (Newcastle Museum)
- Hunter Manufacturing Awards : Technical Director/Vision Mixer (NEX)
- Ambulance Christmas Corporate, New South Wales Ambulance (Sydney)
- Sam Smith, The Didgeridoo Enthusiast. (ABC Open) : Producer (Newcastle)
- Real Film Festival, P.A, Social Media (Newcastle)
To whom it may concern, My name is Nathan Daymond, I am a Producer from Daytan Productions who has utilised the services of Matt Morris for three multi camera live stream productions; twice as a camera operator and once as a vision mixer. Matthew is extremely capable, has excellent communication skills, demonstrates a sound knowledge of television production and maintains a high level of professionalism at all times. As a valued crew member, I am confident Matthew will make a significant contribution to any role and strongly recommend him for employment. Kind Regards Nathan DaymondNathan Daymond, Daytan Productions
My Husband and I just watched My Dancing Eyes together – thank you so much Matthew. Our Son has Nystagmus, there is so much for us to learn and we want him to be as independent and strong as he can be and encourage him, to be brave and do whatever he will dream of and all the experiences are helping us so much. Thank you for this incredible Documentary, the work, the outcome of this. Keep doing it, it’s great and we’re deeply touched and grateful.”CHRISTINA CAPP
Mother of child with Nystagmus
My name is Matt, and I’m a bold Screen & Media professional based out of Newcastle Australia. I have a driving passion for disability advocacy and factual narrative story telling. Born with Nystagmus (Visual Impairment), Ive made it my mission to achieve despite my setbacks,
In early 2013 I began my formal training in the Screen & Media field combing my hobby with a career and studied a CERT IV, Diploma & Advanced Diploma in Screen & Media at the Newcastle School Of Film And Television (TAFE).
My career has given me the privilege of working with some of Australis best corporate brands and agencies; including New South Wales Ambulance, Headspace & Cancer Council NSW just to name a few.
I have gained numerous paid industry positions and built a reputation for being bold, professional and forward thinking, these points are reflected in my most recent work when I decided to turn the lens to a topic that is personal to me, Nystagmus.
Utilising materials and knowledge available to me I set out to explore the condition in a way that is modern, selfless and inclusive. The goal was to democratise the filmmaking process and turn the control over to the participant to tell their story. For this we utilised emerging technology such as Smartphones, and
developed a set of tools and guides to make the film accessible to anyone, with any skill set. As a creative, my ambition is to do something that scares me, I believe this mindset is essential to progressing in my field, as is something that sets me apart from the rest.